kahl˙a marbled pumpkin cheesecake
- 3/4 c. Gingersnap crumbs
- 3/4 c. Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. Powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. Melted unsalted butter
- 2 pkgs. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. Granulated sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 (1 pound) pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c Kahl˙a
- In a bowl, combine gingersnap and graham cracker crumbs with powdered sugar and butter. Toss to combine.
- Spread evenly onto bottom of 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Cool.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add granulated sugar and beat until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well after each addition.
- Transfer 1 cup mixture to separate bowl and blend in pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and Kahl˙a.
- Pour half of pumpkin mixture into prepared crust.
- Top with half of cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers using remaining pumpkin and cream cheese mixtures.
- Using table knife, cut through layers with uplifting motion in four to five places to create marbled effect.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Without opening oven door, let cake stand in turned off oven 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool, then chill. Remove from pan.